November 19, 2014
6 Tips to Help Your Rankings on Google
- Make sure you have Google+ Authorship and Publisher code installed and working properly on your site.
- Install a sharebar on all your webpages so people can interact socially with your site’s content.
- Revisit your existing content and try to make it as unique, educational and informative as possible. Make sure you have at least 500 words per page, but 800-1,000 is better.
- Make sure you have a blog installed on your website and that you are socially active. Even if it’s only 1-2 posts per month, just be consistent. If you post too much people will block or tune you out. Your articles should be unique, worth posting and related to your main subject matter, not just a retelling of the news or an already existing story, not unless you add to its value with your own professional perspective and opinions. Then once posted to your own website’s blog, it needs to be pushed out to your own social sites (Google+, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook) by clicking on your own sharebar buttons and sharing them with yourself. (Pinterest too, if the article contains an infographic, which will help get it a lot more love.)
- Work on getting connected to as many other professionals and companies as you can on Google+, LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, and Pinterest that are complimentary to your own subject matter, who might actually bother to read and interact with your articles. Your social efforts will fail without connections.
- Also share your site’s pages socially, and not just your blog articles, if they contain great informative content and are worth sharing.